Globalization and the digital age have created new business opportunities worldwide but at the same time they have given rise to new legal issues, particularly with respect to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Businesses taking advantage of changing markets are expanding through acquisitions making transactions more complex. With the multiplication of commercial transactions, the demand for legal certainty is increasing, so investors need access to legal advice that helps them manage deals effectively.
Business transactions is a practice area that requires an understanding of how contracts, litigation, partnership agreements and intellectual property interrelate. There are a number of laws that have a bearing on the conduct of business. These cover broadly areas relating to corporate legal framework; business transactions; labour; environment; dispute resolution etc.
This training program will give participants a superior understanding of the legal aspects of business transactions, the strategic priorities and approaches of the various deal players, the documents typical to business transactions, and the legal challenges that you are likely to face.
Participants will be able to grasp the big picture of the legal underpinnings of financial transactions and to understand how risk in the financial market is entered, managed, dispersed and shifted. It will also give a thorough understanding of the wide variety of skills that all parties involved in transactions must possess – for example, the ability to read and digest financial information, successfully communicate with the relevant parties, whilst juggling a diverse range of international commercial and legal issues.
- To provide an overview of important laws that have a bearing on the conduct of business
- Recognize business situations that require legal counsel
- Learn about the legal aspects of transactions
- Technical legal issues
- The complexities of legal due diligence
- Legal risk management
- Establish business practices that comply with relevant laws in an effort to maintain ethical business practices
- Able to have a basic understanding of the laws relating to contract, consumer protection, competition, companies and dispute resolution
Who should attend?
- Legal Professionals
- Executives involved in PE/VC and M&A Deals
- CXOs, MDs, Directors and Senior Management
- CFOs, Financial Directors, Directors of Strategic Planning and Senior Finance Executives
- Corporate/General/In-house Counsel/Company Secretaries
- Investment Bankers, Professional Advisers, Law Firms & Consultants
- Individual, Private and Institutional Investors
- VPs & Managers from Legal Department
- Investment/Fund Managers
- Private Equity & Venture Capitalist